Thursday, June 21, 2012

VINYL JUNKIES UNITE!!!

Yeah...I gave up dope...but I am still hooked on vinyl.


CD's are cool...mp3's also...but there is just something special about opening a new 12" LP, scoping out the artwork and liner notes, and then placing the album on the turntable and carefully setting down the needle into the groove that is an essential part of the listening experience for me.


Of course...vinyl is only going to sound as good as the equipment it is played on.


While one CD player will sound pretty much like any other CD player (when played through the same system), a quality turntable and cartridge (needle for those unfamiliar with the term) is a MUST to properly enjoy the sonic definition inherent in good vinyl.


And extreme care must be taken of the vinyl itself...it is easy to scratch and ruin an otherwise great piece of musical equipment...because that is what an album actually is...another piece of musical equipment.


I'll loan you any of my CD's, and if they get scratched...who cares?


But you are NOT getting your hands on my vinyl.


If you come over, and promise not to jump up and down, I MIGHT let you listen to it...maybe...but I ain't making any promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment